Contact Us

Case Evaluation

    Here’s How to Get Your Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Charge Dismissed

    Here’s How to Get Your Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Charge Dismissed
    • The Greenwich Disorderly Conduct statute is broad, making it one of the most commonly charged domestic violence crimes.
    • Greenwich Disorderly Conduct § 53a-182 arrests all report to the Stamford Superior Court for arraignment.
    • If not handled properly, a Disorderly Conduct arrest can have you ordered out of your home for months.
    • Contact an experienced Greenwich Disorderly Conduct attorney before going to court for your arraignment.


    What is Disorderly Conduct in Greenwich?

    Under Connecticut General Statute § 53a-182, a wide range of behavior can lead to a Disorderly Conduct arrest. Top Greenwich criminal lawyers commonly see Disorderly Conduct arrests any time police are called to investigate a domestic dispute. Usually C.G.S. § 53a-182 Disorderly Conduct arrests follow any time a person: (1) engages in a fight or in violent or threatening behavior; (2) annoys or interferes with another person by using offensive language; (3) makes unreasonable noise; or (4) trespasses onto another person’s property or in their home in order to watch another person.

    Do I Need an Attorney for my First Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Court Date?

    Don’t go to court without first speaking with a Greenwich domestic violence attorney. While CGS 53a-182 Disorderly Conduct charges are common, they are serious and should be handled properly from the first court date to avoid possible long-term impacts on your life. Click here to read more about how an attorney can help you fight your Greenwich Disorderly Conduct arrest.

    What Happens at the First Court for a Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Arrest?

    Your Greenwich disorderly conduct case will be arraigned at the Stamford Superior Court on the next business day. At your arraignment, the Court will hold a hearing to decide what level of protective order should be issued against you. Depending on the protective order entered against you, a Court can prohibit you from returning to your home or even speaking to family until the end of your case. At your arraignment, your attorney will be afforded the opportunity to make an argument on your behalf, to allow you to return home.

    Should I Speak to a Family Relations Officer without an Attorney?

    At your arraignment date, you will be sent to speak to a Family Relations officer regarding your arrest. The Family Relations officer will ask you intrusive questions about your arrest and home life, in order to make a recommendation to the Court about what level of protective order should be entered against you. Despite what they tell you, any information you share in your family relations meeting will be shared with the court and potentially used against you. Don’t go into your family relations meeting without an attorney, or without first consulting an attorney, to avoid incriminating yourself and jeopardizing your criminal case.

    How to Get Your Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Case Dismissed and Protective Order Vacated

    Greenwich Disorderly Conduct cases can result in a misdemeanor criminal conviction, punishable by up to three months in prison and probation. Speak to a top Connecticut disorderly conduct attorney to discuss strategies to get your charges dismissed as quickly as possible, to avoid a permanent criminal record. Your disorderly conduct attorney can also explain your criminal protective order to you, and talk you through ways to avoid additional criminal liability through violation of your protective order.

    Contact a Greenwich Disorderly Conduct Lawyer Today

    If you are given a misdemeanor summons for domestic violence disorderly conduct in Greenwich, under CGS 53a-182, contact an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the court process. Click here to read certified reviews from prior disorderly conduct clients.  The domestic violence attorneys at Mark Sherman Law are available to discuss your case 24/7 at (203) 340-0583.