Contact Us

Case Evaluation

    I Got Arrested for Disorderly Conduct in Stamford. Do I Need a Lawyer?

    I Got Arrested for Disorderly Conduct in Stamford. Do I Need a Lawyer?
    • A Stamford Disorderly Conduct arrest may require you to appear in Stamford Superior Court the very next business day.
    • A Disorderly Conduct § 53a-182 arrest can keep you out of your home for months.
    • A Stamford Disorderly Conduct arrest can also trigger a Stamford DCF investigation.
    • If you’re arrested in Stamford Connecticut for Disorderly Conduct, call a top Stamford criminal lawyer immediately.

    What is the definition of Disorderly Conduct in Connecticut?

    Any of the best Stamford CT criminal attorneys will tell you that a CT Disorderly Conduct arrest under CGS 53a-182 is a Class C misdemeanor. Disorderly Conduct is defined as engaging in a fight, or in violent or threatening behavior, or making unreasonable noise, with the intent to cause annoyance, alarm or inconvenience.

    Can I get arrested for Disorderly Conduct in my own home?

    Yes. The most common way to get arrested for Disorderly Conduct in Stamford is when police show up after receiving a 911 Domestic Violence call. Almost always, one or both parties are arrested and given a summons to appear the very next business day at Stamford Superior Court, located at 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

    Will I get a Restraining Order against me if I’m arrested for Disorderly Conduct in Stamford?

    Yes, if you are arrested for CGS 53a-182 Disorderly Conduct and the police consider it a Domestic Violence arrest – meaning that the other person is a spouse, child/parent, or roommate.

    This protective order can limit contact and can even kick you out of your home. Without a top Stamford Disorderly Conduct criminal lawyer to fight for you at your first court date, you may end up stuck with an overly burdensome protective order for weeks – or even months.

    Do I need a lawyer for a Stamford Disorderly Conduct arrest?

    Yes. Stamford prosecutors and judges take Disorderly Conduct cases seriously, but the best Stamford defense attorneys have the experience to get your criminal case dropped as quickly as possible, so that you can move on and avoid damage to your reputation and employment background checks.   Click here for more on fighting a Stamford Disorderly Conduct charge.

    How do I get my Stamford Disorderly Conduct arrest off the internet?

    Unfortunately, online news sites often pick up Stamford Disorderly Conduct arrests – they may even post your name and picture. Your lawyer may be able to prevent your name from being published online after your arrest, or get your arrest off the Internet and out of Google searches if it’s already been published. To learn more about Mark Sherman Law’s cutting edge Internet-scrubbing practice, click here.

    Contact the Stamford Disorderly Conduct criminal lawyers at Mark Sherman Law Today

    Our C.G.S. 53a-182 Disorderly Conduct lawyers at Mark Sherman Law have over 20 years experience in defending clients against Disorderly Conduct arrests in Stamford Superior Court. We will work to get your Disorderly Conduct case dropped in the quickest and most cost-effective way possible. To see what our former Stamford Disorderly Conduct clients have to say about us, click here to check out our Avvo-certified reviews. Then call us today. We are available 24/7 at (203) 358-4700.